The following are helpful links for analyzing the business climate and market potential in Mexico.
- National Institute of Statistics and Geography (INEGI):
There are various departments under the auspices of the DOC that provide a vast amount of information to assist companies with export/import information and country economic data. Please visit the following websites
- The U.S. Department of State:
The countries section of the Dept. of State website contains trade and economic information on the countries and regions around the world.
- Banco de Mexico
- Ministry of the Economy
- International Trade Data System
- Export-Import Bank of the United States
- World Bank
- Small Business Administration
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation
- International Terms of Payment
- Currency Exchange Services
- Harmonized Tariff Schedule
- U.S. Census Bureau (NAICS search)
- SIC to NAICS conversion
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Import and Export Price Index
Mechanics of Trade
Once you have obtained an international order and secured a method of payment, you are ready to export your product. The following links have valuable information to assist you in exporting.
- Bureau of Industry and Security:
Before exporting a product, make sure licensing requirements have been met. Some products require a license before they can leave the country. To see if your product needs special licensing, visit the following website.
- U.S. Government Export Portal
- Export Clearance Requirements